A self-drive tour is a fantastic way to experience Scotland and Northern England at a flexible pace. As a local travel agency, we are able to provide our self-drive customers an excellent selection of vehicles from a reputable car rental agency as well as plenty of tools to help navigate Scotland with ease.
For your own unforgettable road trip in the UK, you can select one of our popular self-drive tours or request your own custom-made itinerary by using our tour customisation form.
Rental car types for Scotland and Northern England tours:
|A||Toyota Yaris or similar||Manual|
|B||Kia Picanto or similar||Automatic|
|C||Vauxhall Astra or similar||Manual|
|D||Toyota Auris or similar||Automatic|
|E||Vauxhall Insignia or similar||Manual|
|F||Ford Mondeo or similar||Automatic|
|G||BMW 520 or similar||Automatic|
|H||Vauxhall Zafira or similar||Manual|
|I||Kia Sportage or similar||Manual|
|J||Mercedes Vito or similar||Manual|
Included in all rentals:
• Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and excess waiver to reduce liability to zero
• Unlimited mileage
• Authorization for two drivers (additional drivers at extra fee)
• GPS navigation system
• Fee for after hours pick-up or drop-off at car rental office in Edinburgh
• Taxi fares between car rental office and hotel (estimated GBP 10 - 15 to/from city centre)
• Young drivers fee (for drivers aged 23 -24)
• Parking fees, parking fines, or towing charges
• Fines for traffic violations
• Fees for ferries not listed in itinerary
• Negligent vehicle damage (e.g., due to damage caused to tyres, wheels lost or damaged keys, damage to the interior of the vehicle, incorrect fuel, alcohol/drug use, off-road driving, etc). It also does not cover costs following a road traffic accident where the vehicle has to be recovered from an off-road location and there is no third party involved. All costs incurred must be paid by the renter.
• Additional driver(s) on rental agreement (2 are already included)
• Child seat or booster
*Optional features are available for an additional fee and can be selected at the local car rental office at time of pick-up.
Payment information: No cash is accepted. VISA and Mastercard credit cards are accepted at the car rental location at the time of pick-up, and the credit card must be in the driver’s name. Please note that the car rental agency will require a minimum fuel deposit of GBP 100 at the time of payment.
Your rental agent will make an imprint of your card for security reasons when you come to collect your car. Your Nordic Visitor voucher will cover the cost of the rental, but the imprint may be used to pay any extra charges or cost due to the use of the rented vehicle.
• A valid national driver’s license, which has been held for at least one year, is required for all rentals.
Good to know:
• Remember, motorists drive on the left side of the road in all of the UK.
• If you are not used to driving on the left, we highly recommend choosing a vehicle with automatic transmission when you book online. Keep in mind that in a manual transmission vehicle, you need to shift gears with your left hand as the driver seat is on the right. (Floor pedals are the same.)